SCM and OpenSource
- So far, SCM in OpenSource is merely version control.
- Other products:
- Open-closed: sharing responsibility
- VC is not enough: one can do better!
- Build management: sharing the derived objects, and the
- ClearCase/MultiSite: not ideal (not OpenSource) but...
- Tools under SCM:
versioning file systems
- This opens the door to a new culture
- Split or share
versus documentation: news
- The issue of leadership/ownership and collaboration
- Wrap up:
- Describe (audit), not prescribe
- Share, not split
- Asynchronous communications
My user ToC
Last modified: Fri Jun 1 18:46:58 EETDST 2001